Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lanikai 21C :Finding My First Ukulele


It took me sometime to get myself an ukulele.
I had been browsing the internet for 3 weeks,  reading blogs and forums to see what brand and model i could buy that wont break the bank and also where to get it, what size?

I know how to play guitar. 
But not ukulele.
Some say the transition would be easy. And i was hoping so.After some reaearch.

  I decided to get a concert size to begin with,  just so that my fingers will have a bit of space when i do the chords and not cramp.

I searched then for some good ukulele brands like:  Kala,  Lanikai, Cordoba etc etc. that are good for beginners like me. 
I also browsed  the internet some ukulele shops, the brands they carry and price.


I finally settled for Lanikai LU 21C.
Not that it was the best, but because it was one of those recommended for beginners and i can buy it at a great price  at my trusted online seller in olx.ph for P1900  plus P200 delivery charge and in COD.

The Lanikai lu21c has a nice build. The body is made of Nato wood which they say is similat to majogany. It came with aquilla strings. After spending a few minutes tuning the  ukulele. I played with it for a few hours. i have to say it sounded great. The sound is bright,  loud and not muffled.
Overall i am very pleased with my first ukulele purchase.
I rate it 5/5 as a beginner and would highly recommend it to beginners like me.

Now, eyeing to buy a tenor size as my next purchase :-) 













No comments: